Monday, September 22, 2008

Being a Sub

Since I only work saturday's at the Feed company, I had to find something else to do to earn some money. I decided since I am going into elementary education, I should do something with teaching. So I applied to be a sub. They called me and asked me to be a T.A. but I am glad that didn't work out, because that would be too much with school and all. So now I am a substitute teacher. I never thought I would do this, but it has turned out to be pretty fun. I did have one rough day with the second graders, and they still apologize to me everytime they see me. I guess it's a good thing they knew they were bad. But I have loved being the 4th grade sub. I have been their sub the most, and they are so much fun. The best part about it, is that I go away everytime with a new picture that someone has drawn me.
*P.S. I just thought that I would mention that Steven has now been gone for 3 months now. Seems like it's been forever, but Only 21 more to go! :)

3 comments:

Jill, Kenny, Aiden and Capri said...

That's cool that you got a job so closely related to your field of study! Have fun with it!

Rory, Trina, Katy, and Trey said...

I am glad you enjoy being a sub. I think it would be way hard. I am glad you enjoy it. Good luck with school. 21 months isn't that LONG!

Kailee Joy said...

How cute!! Before I had Kael I worked with the Special Needs Preschool and Kindergarten Kids... they were so much fun and I would always go home with something they had made me!! I loved it! You'll have to keep their drawings somewhere safe and look at them with Steven when he gets home!:)


You Are Pocahantas!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Free-spirited and wise. You have a strong passionate spirit that touches and changes all who know you. The wisdom and common sense that you have is really what guides you through life. Even so, you also have a very playful side that loves adventure and excitement.


Which Disney Princess Are You?