Thursday, July 3, 2008

I'm Back!!



After 3 days of mosquito attacks and young women I am happy to be home! It didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would be, but nothing is better than home. This picture is exactly how I was feeling after the first day, but it did get better. Check out the mosquito bite on my arm. It is big! That night we had a guest speaker. She did a really good job. It was Kathryn Cook, I don't remember what her married name was. She is married to the football coach from Juab. Anyways, it was way good, one that I will never forget. She gave me a new favorite saying. "Faith and Fear cannot exist in your mind at the same time, so if you have Faith, you will not Fear." I thought it fit perfectly. I would recommend getting her to speak if you are ever in need of a speaker. The next day my dad made me go on the 3rd year hike with him, in case I needed to pack him out of the bottom. After he did the compass part, I was in the lead and took them on the trail we sometimes take the horses. I had to help all the girls cross the creek. My dad wouldn't take my help, so he almost fell in. He did make it across though. I wouldn't want to have to jump in to save him, cause we all know how much I love water. After a pretty good hike we finally made it back to camp. Walking those trails brought back some good memories. My mom and dad kinda fell behind putting the blame on some of the girls, but we know the truth :) I didnt' have to pack him out though. That night we had skits and a good testimony meeting. All in all things were going good, except for that night. WE FROZE!! I didn't sleep, I tried covering myself clear down in my sleeping bag, but that didn't work. It was miserable. I kept praying for morning to get here fast. It finally came and we were able to make it home safe. I am covered in mosquito bites, and a little sunburn. Boy am I glad to be home! Except now I get to go back for the family reunion. Mosquitos here we come!

1 comment:

Rory, Trina, Katy, and Trey said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I love that thought. It's so true.


You Are Pocahantas!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Free-spirited and wise. You have a strong passionate spirit that touches and changes all who know you. The wisdom and common sense that you have is really what guides you through life. Even so, you also have a very playful side that loves adventure and excitement.


Which Disney Princess Are You?